Saturday, January 3, 2015

Top 10 Books I Read in 2014

These (in order from least to greatest) are the top 10 books that I read in 2014. Individual posts on each of these books will be forthcoming.
  1. Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen
  2. The Scarlet Pimpernel, by Baroness Emmuska Orczy
  3. Manalive, by G. K. Chesterton
  4. Outlaws of Ravenhurst, by Sister Imelda Wallace
  5. The Living Wood, by Louis de Wohl
  6. Lay Siege to Heaven, by Louis de Wohl
  7. The Ball and the Cross, by G. K. Chesterton
  8. Come Rack! Come Rope!, by Robert Hugh Benson
  9. The Catholic Girl's Guide, by Father Lasance
  10. Victory Over Vice, by Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DID YOU LIKE 'COME RACK COME ROPE'. That's one of my absolute favorites... just the way that it shows the beauty of sacrifice and of the priesthood. ;) And Saint Edmund Campion is my favorite Saint.... sooo... :)

Catherine said...

Yes, I did! It was wonderful! I love the ending! It was kind of sad, but at the same time it was so beautiful! I have a whole post on it in my head that I need to find the time to type up. :) St. Edmund Campion is a great saint!